Kenya is facing a number of serious challenges related to water resource management which include growing population, water scarcity, climate variability and water resource degradation, invasive species, water pollution.
The proliferation of invasive plants and animal species in the region, including fish species and aquatic weeds, is of growing concern.
- interfere with human activities such as fishing, and boating;
- stunt or interfere with a balanced fish population;
- fish kills due to removal of too much oxygen from the water;
- produce quiet water areas that are ideal for mosquito breeding; and
- impede water flow in drainage ditches, irrigation canals, and culverts, causing water to back up.
Floating Vegetation Victoria Lake (KENYA): http://eosial.psm.uniroma1.it:8081/geoserver/Floating_Vegetation_Victori...
NDVI Victoria Lake (KENYA): http://eosial.psm.uniroma1.it:8081/geoserver/NDVI_Victoria_Lake/wms?
CDOM Victoria Lake (KENYA): http://eosial.psm.uniroma1.it:8081/geoserver/CDOM_Victoria_Lake/wms?
CHL Victoria Lake (KENYA): http://eosial.psm.uniroma1.it:8081/geoserver/CHL_Victoria_Lake/wms?
TSS Victoria Lake (KENYA): http://eosial.psm.uniroma1.it:8081/geoserver/TSS_Victoria_Lake/wms?
- L.FUSILLI; M.O.COLLINS; G.LANEVE; A.PALOMBO; S.PIGNATTI; F.SANTINI. ASSESSMENT OF THE ABNORMAL GROWTH OF FLOATING MACROPHYTES IN WINAM GULF (KENYA) BY USING MODIS IMAGERY TIME SERIES. FEBRUARY 2013.
- F.SANTINI; R.M.CAVALLI; A.PALOMBO; S.PIGNATTI. OPTICAL MODEL FOR THE WATER CHARACTERIZATION OF THE HIGLY TURBID WATER OF THE WINAM GULF (VICTORIA LAKE). SEPTEMBER 17, 2007.
- R.M.CAVALLI; G.LANEVE; L.FUSILLI; S.PGNATTI; F.SANTINI. REMOTE SENSING WATER OBSERVATION FOR SUPPORTING LAKE VICTORIA WEED MANAGEMENT. MAY 7, 2009.